Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%

God of War is incredible.

I have no idea how far I am, in terms of reaching the end, but so far, 15 hours or so, it's been incredible.

The combat is immensely satisfying. Much like in God of War III with the Cestus, it's a lot slower and deliberate. but deeper. You have your basic attacks when you start and get more as you level up, as it always has been. And after a few hours, the kid becomes a great additional attack. His attacks are distractions for enemies, allowing you to get in and deal the real damage. QTEs are gone from combat, click R3 when enemies are stunned and you get a satisfying kill without a QTE.

Defensively, Kratos has a shield and you can block everything but red haloed attacks, which only come from higher leveled enemies. There are four different levels of enemy health bars, green for those under you. Orange for those at the same level, purple for those above you. And boss health bars.

Magic is gone, replaced by rune attacks, a light, a heavy, and one for the kid. They're on cooldowns, and higher leveled runes require longer cooldown timers. Which can be reduced by your armor, yes, Kratos has armor, and stats, yes, Kratos has stats.
    PSN: chrisproto
    Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    I've been telling myself I was going to wait for a sale on this game because I've bought so many over the last little bit, but... I don't know if I can wait for it. It sounds just incredible.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    I find it rare for games difficulty to actually reflect its difficulty... Played the hardest mode "Give Me God Of War" and it literally took me 3 hours just get through the first fight...of course the game definitely felt fresh an different from previous god of war games we're all used to...but damn that was hard, so i pussed out an just went to normal mode... beat the game an man there is a lot to do even after [unless you're one of those people that try to perfect a game before he beats it]
    So many questions especially about future games...I don't wanna spoil it obviously but damn I love it...

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    I've been hearing really good things about it. I like how they added a bunch of RPG and exploration stuff to it now compared to the old games, so I'm probably going to pick it up eventually and finally enjoy a game in the series.

I'm waiting for a decent sale or an update that adds NG+. Once one of those things happens I'm definitely going to be digging in.

The only true negative I feel the game has is the music. It's not nearly as good as the original trilogy. It's a lot more mellow.

I thought the beginning music was amazing...but then like an hour later i barely even payed attention to it...like it wasn't there

edit: omg, finally got the "Best Armor" in the game....took forever an i'm still not done in the area...
    Last edited by Warri0R; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:39 PM.

I still have no idea how far I am, because I refuse to look up anything about the game.

(I just found the final horn to max out my rage meter.)

Did it, finally platinumed the game, haven't done that since the PS3 days
    platinumed all god of war games except Ascension...something about that one I couldn't get into...maybe I'll do it later...
    I thought I had to do more but...so far it was pretty easy, maybe a little easier than the previous games then again I took the time an did get some specific armor an enchantments that kinda helped...it was however very time consuming....and worth it, i look forward to the next game...

I am currently on my way to platinuming it. Dealing with Nefilheim right now.

Platinumed it, and immediately started a new game on my second account.